The online portal for the application submission for Hongkong PHD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) 2022-2023 is now open. International and National students can now apply for this Scholarship contest. Hongkong PhD fellowship aims at attracting the best students in the world to pursue their PhD programs in Hongkong Universities.
Details of Hongkong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
- Country: Hongkong
- Category: Scholarships
- Coverage: Fully Funded
The fellowship covers monthly stipend of HK$319,200 (approximately US$40,900), conference and research also travel allowance of HK$13,300 (approximately US$ 1,700) per year for a period of three years. 300+ PhD fellowships will be awarded in 2022-2023 for students academic year. Also additional support will be provided by the chosen Universities of Hongkong.
Also check Italian Scholarships 2022-23 | Fully Funded
List of Universities Awarding Fellowships Scheme in Hongkong
There are 8 research degree Universities which awarding fellowships scheme in Hongkong. The name list is given below,
- HKBU (Hong Kong Baptist University)
- CityU (City University of Hong Kong)
- EduHK (The Education University of Hong Kong)
- CUHK (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- LU ( Lingnan University)
- PolyU (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
- HKU (The University of Hong Kong)
- HKUST (The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
Candidates who are seeking to apply for Hongkong PhD fellowship scheme 2022-2023 must have the following eligibility criteria.
- Irrespective of their Country of Origin
- Prior work experience
- Ethnic background
Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
Shortlisted applications subject to their areas of studies. Reviewed by following two selection panels comprising experts in the relevant board areas.
– Humanities, Social Sciences
– Engineering and Technology
– Business studies
Application Process for Hongkong PhD Fellowship Scheme
Eligible candidates should first make an Initial application online through Hongkong PhD Fellowship Scheme system to obtain an HKPFS reference number before submitting applications for admission to their desired Universities.
Applicants may choose up to two programs at 1 or 2 Universities for PhD study under HKPFS and should comply with admission requirements of their selected Universities. Also follow the following steps given below for application process in Hongkong Fellowship Scheme.
- Fellowship Application Submission to Research Grant Council: The candidates are required to submit an online application by creating an account on Hongkong research grants council web portal.
- Application Submission to Select Hongkong University: After completing an initial application applicants should submit full applications for their PhD programs to proposed Universities.
- Wait for final results: If you get selected then you will be informed of your success and then later on you need to apply for Hongkong study Visa at Hongkong Immigration center.