Hungary offers a Job Seeker Visa for non-EU citizens who want to search for a job in Hungary. To be eligible for a Job Seeker Visa, you must meet the following requirements. The Job Seeker Visa allows non-Europeans to come to Hungary in search of Jobs. This Visa does not require a Job offer from Hungary.
- You must be a citizen of a country that is not a member of the European Union (EU).
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a clean criminal record.
- You must have sufficient funds to support yourself while looking for a job in Hungary.
- You must have a valid health insurance policy.
- You must have a letter from a Hungarian employment agency confirming that they will help you find a job.
How You Can Apply?
To apply for a Job Seeker Visa, you must submit the following documents to the Hungarian embassy or consulate in your home country:
- A completed application form.
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of your criminal record.
- A letter from a Hungarian employment agency confirming that they will help you find a job.
- A letter from your bank confirming that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while looking for a job in Hungary.
- A copy of your health insurance policy.
Application Processing Time
The application process for a Job Seeker Visa can take several weeks. Once your application is approved, you will be issued a visa that allows you to stay in Hungary for up to 6 months.
While you are in Hungary on a Job Seeker Visa, you are allowed to work for any employer, but you are not allowed to work for your own company. You are also not allowed to start your own business in Hungary.
If you find a job in Hungary, your employer will need to apply for a work permit for you. Once you have a work permit, you will be able to stay in Hungary and work legally.
If you are considering getting a Job Seeker Visa, I recommend that you do your research and contact the Hungary embassy in your country for more details on Job Seeker Visa.