The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) is a prestigious national scholarship program that supports doctoral students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and engineering, and health-related fields.
The Vanier CGS is valued at $50,000 per year for up to three years, for a total of $150,000. It is fully funded and does not require the recipient to repay any funds.
Number of Scholarships
The Vanier CGS is a highly competitive scholarship, with only about 200 scholarships awarded each year.
To be eligible for the Vanier CGS, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or an international student who is currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian university.
- Be enrolled in a full-time doctoral program at a Canadian university.
- Have completed at least two years of full-time study towards your doctoral degree.
- Have a strong academic record, with a GPA of at least 3.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to research excellence.
How to Apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023
- You have to apply to Canadian universities which are under Vanier Canada. (The Link is given above) Or just go to https://vanier.gc.ca/en/appendix_b_cgs_2021_22_to_2023_24.html
- Every university has its own deadline, so you have to check with the university a si told you above.
- You can apply to ONE University only for Vanier. The University will evaluate your profile and nominate you.
- Then the Vanier will make the Final Decision.
How to Apply
Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program. Here is the Application Process (https://vanier.gc.ca/en/nomination_process-processus_de_mise_en_candidature.html)