To work in Singapore you need an S Pass. The Singapore Work Visa is commonly known as Pass. The S Pass is a work visa for Singapore that is issued to mid-level skilled workers. The S Pass is valid for up to 2 years and can be renewed. If you are granted an S Pass, you will be able to live and work in Singapore, as well as bring your family members with you. The Application Process for Singapore Work Visa 2023 is given below.
Eligibility for S Pass
To be eligible for an S Pass, you must:
- Have a job offer from a Singapore company that pays a minimum salary of S$2,300 per month.
- Have a diploma or higher from a recognized university.
- Have at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Be proficient in English.
Benefits of S Pass
Here are some of the benefits of having an S Pass in Singapore:
- The minimum salary requirement for an S Pass is S$2,300 per month, which is much higher than the average salary in many countries.
- Good working conditions: Singapore is a very safe and livable country, with excellent infrastructure and a strong economy.
- Good education system: Singapore has one of the best education systems in the world, so your children will have access to a great education.
- Attractive tax rates: Singapore has a very attractive tax system for foreigners, with a flat tax rate of 17%.
How to Get S Pass
- The S Pass is a points-based system. To be eligible for an S Pass, you must score at least 40 points.
- The points are awarded for factors such as your salary, your educational qualifications, your work experience, and your English proficiency.
- Your employer must also demonstrate that they have tried to recruit a Singaporean for the job before they can sponsor you for an S Pass.
- The S Pass is valid for up to 2 years and can be renewed.
- If you are granted an S Pass, you will be able to bring your family members with you.
How to Apply for the Singapore S Pass?
To apply for an S Pass in Singapore, you will need to follow these steps:
- Find a job in Singapore with a company that is willing to sponsor your S Pass application.
- Your employer will need to apply for a Letter of In-Principle Approval (IPA) from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
- Once the IPA is approved, you will need to apply for your S Pass online through the MOM’s website.
- You will need to provide the following documents when you apply for your S Pass:
- Your IPA letter
- Your passport
- Your medical examination report
- Your educational transcripts
- Your work experience certificates
- Your salary offer letter
- The processing time for an S Pass application is usually 2-3 weeks. Once your S Pass is approved, you will receive a notification letter.
- You must collect your S Pass from the MOM office within 30 days of receiving your notification letter.
How to Find Work Visa Sponsorship Companies in Singapore?
The Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has a directory of employment agencies.
You can access the online list of Agencies via the following link: https://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/services/employment-agencies-and-personnel-search