According to the Canadian Job Bank, there are currently over 11,000 registered nurse (RN) jobs available in Canada. This number is expected to grow in the coming years, as the demand for nurses continues to increase. Nursing Jobs in Canada for Foreign Workers is a great opportunity.
The salary for nursing jobs in Canada varies depending on the province, experience, and type of job. However, the average salary for an RN is around $75,000 per year.
Nursing Jobs in Canada by Province
- Ontario: 4,300 jobs
- British Columbia: 2,100 jobs
- Alberta: 1,500 jobs
- Quebec: 1,200 jobs
- Manitoba: 700 jobs
Types of Nursing Jobs
The most common types of nursing jobs in Canada are:
- Registered Nurse (RN): RNs provide direct patient care in a variety of settings, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, and community health clinics.
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN): RPNs provide direct patient care under the supervision of an RN. They work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, long-term care facilities, and community health clinics.
- Nurse Practitioner: Nurse practitioners are advanced practice nurses who provide comprehensive primary care services. They can diagnose and treat illnesses, prescribe medications, and order diagnostic tests.
- Nurse Educator: Nurse educators teach nursing students in colleges and universities. They also provide continuing education for nurses.
- Nurse Manager: Nurse managers supervise a team of nurses and other healthcare professionals. They are responsible for ensuring that patient care is delivered safely and efficiently.
To get a nursing job in Canada, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered nurse in your home country.
- Have a valid work permit for Canada.
- Pass the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) test for English or French, at the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) level 7.
- Take the Canadian Registered Nurse Examination (CRNE).
Nursing Job Sites
- The Canadian Nurses Association website: https://www.cna-aiic.ca/
- The National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) website: https://www.nnas.ca/
- The Canadian Job Bank website: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/
There are several visas that a nurse can apply for to work in Canada. The most common visas for nurses are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): This is a points-based immigration system that assesses applicants on factors such as their education, work experience, language skills, and age. Nurses who are eligible for the FSWP can apply for a work permit and permanent residency.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): This program is for foreign nationals who have at least one year of full-time work experience in Canada in a skilled occupation. Nurses who are eligible for the CEC can apply for a work permit and permanent residency.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Each province and territory in Canada has its own PNP, which is designed to attract skilled workers to the province. Nurses who are eligible for a PNP can apply for a work permit and permanent residency through the province.
- Truck Driver Jobs in Canada 2023 For Foreign Workers
- Fruit Picking and Packer Jobs in Canada 2023 (Apply Now)