The Australia Job seeker visa allows visa holders to come and look for Jobs in Australia. The Visa is valid for 18 months. The Australia Job Seeker Visa (Subclass 476) is a temporary work visa that allows you to stay in Australia for up to 18 months and look for work in your field. You do not need a job offer or work experience to apply for this visa.
To be eligible for the Australia Job Seeker Visa, you must:
- Be under 31 years old
- Meet the English language requirements (IELTS score of 6.0 overall, with no band score below 5.0)
- Have a valid passport
- Have health insurance
- Have sufficient financial means to support yourself during your stay in Australia
The visa application fee is AUD 425.
The processing time for the Australia Job Seeker Visa typically takes 2-3 months.
What to do After Arriving in Australia?
If you find a job that is on the SOL, you may be able to apply for a sponsored work visa, such as the Subclass 482 or Subclass 186 visa. This would allow you to stay in Australia and work for your sponsoring employer for a longer period of time.
How to Apply for the Australia Job Seeker Visa 2023?
To apply for the Australia Job Seeker Visa, you must submit the following documents to the Australian Department of Home Affairs:
- A completed visa application form
- A valid passport
- A recent passport-sized photo
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of financial means
- Any other supporting documentation required by the Department of Home Affairs.
More details on the Australia 476 Visa: Australia 476 Work Visa Process 2023 (Without Job)