The Portugal job seeker visa 2023 is a type of visa that allows you to enter and stay in Portugal for up to 120 days in order to look for work. The visa is renewable for an additional 60 days. You do not need a Job offer to apply for the Job seeker Visa. In this post, you will find complete details about the Portuguese Job seeker visa. You may also check: Germany Job Seeker Visa Process 2023 (Work Visa Without Job)
Eligibility Criteria for Portugal Job Seeker Visa 2023
To be eligible for a Portugal job seeker visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of a country that is not a member of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have health insurance that covers you for the duration of your stay in Portugal.
- You must have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Portugal.
- You must have a plan for how you will look for work in Portugal.
Application Process for Portugal Job Seeker Visa
The application process for a Portugal job seeker visa is as follows:
- You must submit an application form to the Portuguese embassy or consulate in your home country.
- You must provide the following documentation:
- Your passport
- A recent photograph
- A letter of motivation explaining why you want to work in Portugal
- A CV
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of financial support
- A copy of your university degree or other relevant qualifications
- You must pay the application fee, which is €55.
The processing time for a Portugal job seeker visa is typically 1-2 months.
- passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the date you plan to leave Portugal.
- Visa application form: You must complete the visa application form and sign it in the presence of a Portuguese embassy or consulate official.
- Recent photograph: You must provide a recent passport-sized photograph.
- Proof of health insurance: You must provide proof of health insurance that covers you for the duration of your stay in Portugal.
- Proof of financial support: You must provide proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Portugal. The amount of money required varies depending on your nationality.
- Letter of motivation: You must write a letter of motivation explaining why you want to work in Portugal.
- CV: You must provide your CV.
- Copy of university degree or other relevant qualifications: If you have any university degrees or other relevant qualifications, you must provide copies.
- Criminal record certificate: You must provide a criminal record certificate from your country of origin.
- Declaration of expression of interest for enrolment in the IEFP: You must submit a declaration of expression of interest for enrolment in the IEFP, which is the Portuguese Institute of Employment and Vocational Training.
The application fee for a Portugal job seeker visa is €55.
You can find more information about the Portugal job seeker visa on the website of the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I hope this helps!